We call our members “investors” for a reason. Membership in the Farmington Chamber of Commerce aligns you with a strong group of businesses and organizations who support your success, and your commitment to the group is an investment that will help us foster business success (for you and all our investors), improve the economic environment and enhance the quality of life of the Farmington area.
The Farmington Chamber of Commerce focuses on five strategic areas to accomplish our mission, and each of these has the potential to make your business and the entire economy stronger.
1. Business Development: The Farmington Chamber of Commerce partners with the city of Farmington, the economic development director, and other area agencies to promote projects that will better the business climate of Farmington. Our network of business leaders who believe in our mission are able to share ideas and create programs that make business stronger. Programs for both large and small businesses, tourism development and downtown development bring improvements to Farmington.
2. Advocacy: A strong coalition, the Farmington Chamber of Commerce serves as a conduit for our members to identify issues that are promoters and detractors of business. Together, our united voice can be heard in local, regional, state and federal government. We are stronger as a group than as individuals.
3. Community Betterment: A community has to provide the activities and services that make the quality of life stronger. Community events and philanthropic programs undertaken by the business community encourage relocation to our community and strengthen the experience here for our residents and employees.
4. Leadership Development: The entire community’s success is based in its leadership. Whether through formal means such as elected office, or informal means like servant-leadership in business, education or church, leaders make the difference! The Farmington Chamber of Commerce is committed to leadership development for our existing business and community leaders, and to cultivating new leaders from among the ranks of our talented residents.
5. Member Services: In addition to the collective strength of the Farmington Chamber of Commerce, your investment may yield tangible dividends for your business as well. Many opportunities are reserved exclusively for Chamber investors.
What opportunities are available through my Chamber investment?
Networking Opportunities. No matter the size of your business or organization, people do business with people, and your network of contacts may make or break your success. In addition to volunteer and networking opportunities throughout the year, one of the greatest opportunities that comes with membership in the Farmington Chamber of Commerce is active participation in our monthly investor luncheons, held the third Thursday of each month at Noon at the Farmington Centene Center. Opportunities to strengthen relationships and hear about pertinent issues to business and community make membership a wise investment.
Business Leads. Businesses who share a common bond are more likely to do business with others who share their values. Investors in the Farmington Chamber of Commerce share the belief that Chamber participation strengthens business, and therefore they are more likely to do business with other investors. As an investor, we will provide you with leads to other Chamber investors from our membership database. Whether you need a set of mailing labels or electronic data file to do a direct mail campaign to local businesses, we’ll creatively help you make the most of your Chamber investment.
Telling Your Story. If you don’t tell your story, no one else will tell it for you. The Farmington Chamber of Commerce is ready to help you tell your story through our publications, including our “Growing” quarterly newsletter, twice-weekly Chamber Update email blast, and social networking presence. As a Chamber investor, your story becomes our story and we both grow stronger.
Ground Breakings & Ribbon Cuttings. Celebrate the opening, reopening, or expansion of your business with a ribbon cutting or ground breaking through the Chamber of Commerce. We will partner with you to promote the ground breaking or ribbon cutting to Chamber investors, and afterward we provide recognition of your business through sending your photo to the local media and showcasing it through our Chamber Update email and our Facebook page.
Online Business Directory. As a Chamber investor, your business information will be displayed in our online business directory. The directory is available to any visitor to farmingtonmo.org, and information is searchable by keyword, business name and business category. Your business profile page will include contact information, a business description, links to your webpage, Facebook, maps and more. You can even edit your business directory information behind the scenes. An enhanced business directory option is available for additional purchase.
Hot Deals. Do you have a promotion you would like to share with other Chamber investors and visitors to farmingtonmo.org? All you have to do is log in at chamberlogin.com to submit your own Hot Deal. Once your submission is approved by Chamber staff, your promotion will appear in an online list with other Chamber member deals. When potential customers click on your Hot Deal, they will find a printable coupon ready for their use. You determine the promotion and the expiration date. It’s really that simple!
Bulk Mail Privileges. As long as you have 200 pieces of identical mail, your organization may use the Chamber’s bulk mail permit which will allow you to mail each piece for approximately $.11 below the standard price. Plus we will help you prepare your mailing for the Post Office, and provide you with necessary paperwork.
Referral Service. Perhaps the least recognized, yet most profitable, service the Chamber provides your business is our referral service. If someone calls or visits the Chamber office and asks for an auto parts store (for example) in Farmington, we will refer them to our investors in the auto parts industry.
Connections. There are times when you need to bounce an idea or are looking for a connection to businesses or services that will help you improve your business operations, financial position or strategy. We’re ready to serve as idea partners and matchmakers to help you achieve success faster.